Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday Revisited!

It seems just like yesterday that it was Monday...and here it is Monday once again.  I guess that it is good that they keep rolling around!

Woody got up early and got his walk in before the day heated up.  Later in the morning he went to the Life Care Center and had Bible study with Jeff and the visited with several other residents. After Life Care he made a stop at the local hospital to visit a friend he usually visits at Life Care, but is at the present in the hospital.  On the way home he stopped at the pharmacy and picked up prescriptions for both of us.  This evening he went to Monday night prayer meeting at church.  He returned just little while ago.

I got up and decided that it was time to tackle cleaning under the kitchen sink so I could put the things that we had taken out for installation of the new garbage disposal.  Nathan got it in and working and the small leak addressed.  That was a bit of a job as I had to decide what could be thrown away as well as put things back.  Looks very neat for the moment!  This afternoon I have spent sewing.  Over the weekend, I finally got all the parts and pieces cut out for the two little outfits.  So now I am getting them sewn together.  The shoulder seams and the side seams are sewn and now I am applying bias binding to the neck and armhole edges.  I also made six little buttonholes.  So I am well underway in the process.  I put the sewing aside long enough to put our supper into the oven.  We had Simmer Steak--round steak cooked slowly in the oven with tomatoes, onions, and green peppers along with several of our fresh herbs.  We had it over rice...very tasty!  I came back upstairs after supper and was doing some hand basting when I realized that it was time to blog.

Woody has come back from the prayer meeting and is settled in front of the TV with a book and/or a crossword puzzle.  I'm going back to do a little more sewing before I call it quits this evening.  All in all we are settling in for another of our quiet evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment