Saturday, July 1, 2017

Ushering in July with all the Fixin's!




Woody and I and Melany, Wade, and Erin celebrated the 4th on the 1st.  We had a hamburger lunch with all the fixin's.  Erin helped with the premeal details like pressing out the hamburger patties, slicing and cutting condiments, etc.  Wade and Melany pitched in and helped set the table, etc.  I'm sorry that I didn't get a picture of our meal before we stuffed our faces...as plates, etc. don't look all that appetizing.  But we will contest to the fact that everything had that special 4th of July taste!  Before and after lunch Melany shared their Alaska cruise pictures.  I think the one pictured is an ice flow with a mama and her baby seal on it.  After lunch the pictures about lulled me to sleep several times!  I guess I was missing my afternoon snooze!  We had a very nice visit.  We missed Alex...and the crew next door.  It was a fairly quiet afternoon with only five of us! And, that is how these Dorrell's and Proctor's ushered in July and the second half of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment