Monday, July 31, 2017

Guess the Newness Wore Off!

This is our refrigerator on the day we got it 6 1/2 years ago.  I guess that the newness has worn off since we had to call the repairman to come.  The shock over the repairman is that we were told he would be here between 8am and 5pm...AND...get this...he arrived a little after 7:30am.  It is all fixed...and...almost as good as new?!

Woody went for a walk early so he would be back in time to wait on the repairman...well, he wasn't back before repairman arrived.  He did get back in time to write the check! Later in the morning he went to the Life Care to have Bible study with Jeff and visit friends and also stopped to see a friend at the hospital. Woody  has just returned from Monday night prayer meeting at church.

I have done a little of this and a little of that today.  After I blog, I need to go down and transfer the sheets that I washed this morning into the dryer.  I made a dish for supper called Okra-and-Corn Maque Choux (pronounced "mock chew").  We had some fresh okra given to us and I had the rest of the ingredients so decided that this recipe was meant to be!  Oh, we did have to shop at the neighbor's (Nathan and Kathy's) for onion.  So I didn't quite have all the ingredients.  I was surprised that we didn't have any onion as we "always" have onion...but I hadn't taken into consideration that Woody had been eating onion on his hamburgers and had depleted our supply.

I am having fun getting ready for an internet sewing club to start up later this week.  I haven't ever done something like this on line...but I "know of" the teacher so I decided to join. She teaches at a lot of sewing schools in the south and across the US.  It is going to take place on Facebook...another first for me to take a class on Facebook.  It is going to be a technique class and I am really looking forward to it.  I have been working on an alphabetized (the librarian in me!) list of members and the states/countries they live in.  So far the farthest away is Bahrain in the Middle East.  Most members are from the United States.  At this point, I have only met a couple of the 111 members (to this point) in person, but "know" several from different sewing sites online that I have visited over the years.  This gets underway "for real" on Thursday.  I plan to share the members list with the group once I have all the names and places for each member.  This club will last for a year and perhaps longer if the teacher has more techniques and interest in it continuing.  She will share two technique videos and other files each month.  It should keep me busy enough to keep me out of trouble...well...now staying out of trouble isn't a for sure thing...especially when it comes to sewing!  .


No comments:

Post a Comment