Tuesday, July 18, 2017

When It Rains...

And, as the slogan for Morton's Salt goes..."When it rains, it pours!"  Well, today we have had a bit of rain...and Woody just experienced it on his walk home from the prayer room at church...just a pop-up shower...really didn't pour.

Today seems to have poured phone calls and several of them with very serious news.  The calls have sort of taken the wind out of my sails!  None of them are news from or about our immediate family...but from church family...hard to hear certain news from or about people we have known for so long.

Woody did some watering this morning...I'm sure that is what brought on this evening's rain showers...not a lot of rain, but hopefully helped the plants.  The temperatures continue to rise so plants are struggling a bit...so watering them and a shower or two will hopefully pull them through these hot humid times.  I opened the door a few minutes ago after the rain shower and you could practically cut the air with a knife...it was so humid!

I am a bit farther with my sewing projects.  I got a lot of hand basting of bias strips around the necks and armholes of two little diaper shirts so they are now ready for the next steps at the sewing machine.  I headed out the door later than usual for my hair appointment...it was for  late afternoon this time rather my usual time...soon after lunch.  I have been concerned most of the day that I would forget it because of the time change.  But I  remembered and made it on time.  And, I feel much better having it really short once again.  It grows just too fast at this time of the year...and with the natural curl and wave that I have, it can get unruly very quickly with all the heat and humidityr.  Best to have it cut so short that it can hardly move! I know it is a good hair cut...when I step out the door after getting it cut on a windy day and the wind doesn't move it! No wind today...but I'm sure that it wouldn't move if there had been wind!

We had leftovers of what all I have been cooking over the last few days.  Next door at Nathan and Kathy's house they call it, Dorrell's Diner, when they have leftovers.  So I guess that's what we had tonight.  I did do a little cooking today...without heating up the kitchen.  I made a new recipe for guacamole...pretty good.

Now that Woody is home from the prayer room, I guess we are both settling in for a quiet evening at home...per usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment