Thursday, December 20, 2018

A First!

We have a tree that has lights...I guess there is always a first for everything!  This is our 50th Christmas and the first time ever that a tree with lights has ever adorned our house!  This is a borrowed tree.  The neighbor grandchildren planned a way for us to have a tree for our family Christmas on Monday.  They had a small tree upstairs on their landing and they decided that it could come over here for a few days!  They call it their "Charlie Brown Christmas tree."  I think because it isn't very big and it doesn't have many ornaments on it.  Some of the ornaments on it used to be on our tree...several that Nathan made when he was little!

I had a short time of school today.  Isaac read and Joseph had a short time over here. Esther also read.  Elijah had an eye appointment so couldn't come to read.  And, Joy decided that she wanted to work on the girls' room.  Esther got a new bed in their room so things needed to be straightened up after the  rearrangement of furniture.  Plus they are getting ready for their Georgia grandparents Christmas visit.

I got busy sewing.  Woody went to the Credit Union and planned to go on to Aldis but he had a problem with the car...it stopped in the drive thru lane that he was in at the Credit Union and it wouldn't start.  He called here to get me to send Nathan. Nathan was at the eye appointment with Elijah and Isaac.  I texted him and they were just leaving so he headed off to rescue his daddy!  After Woody got home, he switched to the other car and went to Aldis.  Later he got a hair cut.  I went out once to get something from the church library that I needed.  I got to church and it was closed.  I rang the bell anyway since there was one car out front and one of our ministerial staff was there and let me in.  The rest of the day I have sewn.  I have 14 gifts to the same point in their creation.  I just wish that I was a little closer to finished than I am.  I will continue to work on them evening as I need to do other things than sew to get ready for our family Christmas.  I've got to get things on the grocery list for our Christmas meal.  And, there is definitely a bit of cleaning/straightening that needs to be done before Monday!

Woody showed me today that there were a couple of places on his leg that were getting red again.  So I emailed the doctor, but haven't heard back from her.  Last time was over Thanksgiving weekend that I had to get in touch with her about his leg...and here it is Christmas weekend...not the best time to get in touch with doctors!

Well, I'd better get back to my sewing! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment