Friday, December 21, 2018

Getting Closer!

I can finally say that my Christmas sewing is finished.  I finished around noon today.  So the rest of the day, I have been doing a little of this and a little of that around the house trying to get ready...a lot of wheel spinning!  But have accomplished some.  I have one of our items to eat cooked in the refrigerator...just needing to be heated up on Monday for our family Christmas lunch.  Still a lot to cook, but at least I have started.  If my back okays it, I am going to try to make the gelatin salad tonight after I've rested a bit.  Tomorrow will be a baking day as I need to make the bread for our stuffing/dressing and bake some rolls (both Woody can eat if I make them from scratch).  I made Pennsylvania Dutch Style Green Beans tonight...instead of canned we used fresh and I even cut them French-style using a special attachment on my food processor.  So, again, since I made them with fresh green beans, he will be able to eat them.  I'm trying hard to have a few things in this meal that he can eat...now scalloped potatoes and a couple of other things that have milk products in them, he won't be able to eat.  I think that there will be enough recipes that he can eat that he won't look too pitiful at the dinner table!  

I have had little elves in and out today.  They brought presents over to put gifts under our tree.  I'm still wrapping though don't have a lot more to have to wrap.  Well...I did add quite a few more when I got my sewing finished...but they should be a pretty quick wrap for each of them...just have to find the time to sit and do it!  I still have to do something to Joseph's gift before wrapping it.  As far as I know all our purchases coming in the mail have arrived.  My last purchase arrived today.  It got here early, as they said that it would be delivered the 24th.  

I'm making plans in my mind to get out the Precious Moments Nativity that goes on the buffet in the dining room.  When I found the children's Fisher Price nativity in the Christmas closet, I also pulled out the boxes containing the PM nativity.  The kitty is spending most of her time outside these days and just comes in at night to sleep in the sunroom porch/laundry room.  So she isn't roaming and exploring as much as she had been.  She discovered the Christmas tree this morning, but before she could explore it too much I ushered her outside.

Woody did our grocery shopping today and then ran errands with his friend who has no transportation.  Later this afternoon we both went out.  He got gas for the car and then he took me to two stores to get a couple of things.  We were looking for something that he didn't find at the store this morning.  I didn't find it either, but did find something that should substitute just fine for the original item in a recipe.

Woody's leg is still bothering him.  I have attempted to get in touch with the doctor, but so far we haven't heard back from her.  She has us spoiled since she usually gets back with via email very quickly.  Not a good time of the year to need to ask an extra question or two to a doctor!  I'm sure she will see the message eventually and get back with us.  Friday she does surgery so that may be keeping her from her email!  

Well, I'd better get back to doing something if it is nothing more than sitting in my recliner and resting my back.  My back is protesting...not a good thing when I have so much to do! 'Tis the season!



No comments:

Post a Comment