Wednesday, December 5, 2018

What a Headache!


This latest computer fix has proven to be more of a headache than I realized last night when I blogged.  Last night after I blogged, I decided to go work on a design in the computer and then transfer it to my sewing machine.  Well, I couldn't get to any of my software.  An icon showed on the computer screen, but nothing would open up when I clicked on the icon.  So...I had to find all the original CDs and redownload them.  I have managed to find all the CDs except for one so far of the ones that I have found not to "be there" any more.  I haven't convinced the blog page when I open it on my laptop that I am the one who blogs from that page...so I can only read it on the laptop and can't post.  I will keep trying to figure out how to sign in...and eventually...?!? Maybe... In order to get this photo (I also had to download all camera and photographic CDs), I had to email this photo to the iPad. I still have to work on getting one of my sewing softwares to run.  I did get my machine specific ones working again.  It has been an exercise in patience!  I finally got the laptop and the printer to recognize each other.  I wonder how many other things I will discover that are no longer there...or not working or...

I had school this morning.  After lunch, Woody headed off to the oncology clinic and had his second iron infusion.  I left shortly after he left and headed to the library.  I worked on maintenance and got several books ready for circulation.  When I got home, Woody was already home.  I sat down to rest for a few minutes and worked some more on the computer so I could get Woody's crossword puzzle to print.  I took that downstairs for him so he could work it.  Then it was time to fix supper.  I started cleaning up the kitchen before coming up to blog...dishwasher is running, but the dishes that I have to wash by hand still need to be done.  I'll do those when I go back downstairs.   THEN...I will hopefully have enough energy to be able to sew a little tonight.  Or at least get that last sewing software back up and running.

The kitty is being her usual kittenish/curious self.  A minute ago I found her dipping her paw very delicately into the side pocket on my purse.  She hooked the strap of my little point-and-shoot camera on one of her sharp claws!  Never know what she will do next.  A house with lots of sewing things around is not the best place for a curious cat!  She also likes Chapstick...she absconds with the small tubes...carries them around in her mouth like they were her prey!  Then she bats them around and I find them in various places...usually she takes them downstairs with her.  One of the tubes is virtually gone, so I don't mind her playing with it...but I'd like her to keep her paws off my good tube!  Yesterday it was my eye drop bottle...never know with her...what will intrigue her next.  Also, yesterday, I lost a solid wood sphere that is part of the Montessori equipment that I have for the children's school.  I found it in "her room"...the sunroom/laundry room where she sleeps!  The school room and "her room" is downstairs. I am keeping more doors shut as she gets to feeling more "at home" around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment