Saturday, December 22, 2018

Baking the Day Away!

I've been the process of making the herb bread (dough pictured) and the rolls (rolls in oven as I type this).  One loaf of the herb bread has been sliced and has been drying in the oven for the stuffing for the pork chop roast (you put the pork chops on their edge and line them up in a loaf pan with Apple stuffing/dressing in between each one.  We have been making this roast since 1996.  We don't have it every Christmas but have probably had it more than other main dish. It happened to be on sale last week when Woody went to the grocery store...and thus the main dish was chosen for this year!  Most of the rest of the sides are what we usually have at Thanksgiving (since I didn't cook Thanksgivinig this year...I have added a green bean recipe and a scalloped Au gratin potato recipe.  I hope that before I go to bed tonight that I can have everything chopped, grated, or whatevered for the rest of the recipes. That will help when I'm preparing the rest of the recipe either tomorrow or early Monday morning.

I have also been cleaning up around the house.  I was trying to figure out why I was having to do more cleaning than I usually do for our family Christmas.  Then I realized that usually I do deep cleaning when I decorate and the decorating didn't happen this year...so neither did some the cleaning jobs.  Not all will get done...but hopefully the house (at least the down stairs) will look presentable Monday!  I almost have the living room ready.  I have vacuumed and am rearranging the furniture to fit fifteen into the room.  And, opening up the center of the room for the children to be able to open
up their gifts and play with them in the middle of the room.  That means moving the coffee table out of the beaten path (task done).  Now to move the glider love seat to the other side of the room and bring in some of the dining room chairs.

My back is starting to protest.  I came upstairs to sit with the heating pad on my back for a few minutes.  The rolls are now out. Once I've rested I will finish moving the items in the living room so it will at least look like it is ready for a party—a birthday party for Jesus.  Melany is again in charge of the birthday cakes.

Melany, Wade, Erin, Alex, and Wade's mom are in the midst of a major happening in their lives.  Yesterday they closed on a new house...so they are trying to move along with celebrating Christmas.
Wade's mother moved in with them earlier this year and they needed another bedroom for her.  They still will live in Murfreesboro, but just in another part.  Busy times for them!

Woody went to the library today for the first time in a long time.  He said that it was good to put that trip back into his Saturday morning routine.

Well, I guess it is time for me to go back and do "something."  'Tis the season!  When next I blog, our family Christmas will have happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment