Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday Fiddlings

Today was one of those days of going from one thing to another and here it is the end of the day and I'm not sure that I have accomplished much at all.  I guess you can say that I worked on reclaiming my house after cruising for almost a week next door with the grandchildren!  I worked the most in the kitchen.  I pulled everything off the shelves that we use as a pantry and went through things as to what we no longer will be eating.  Then I either gave it to Nathan and Kathy or put it with the food that we are taking for our White Christmas at church on Sunday.  We have for years made it an annual event at our church to gather in food one Sunday in December to share with those less fortunate in our community.  Woody did our grocery shopping—he mainly got items for our White Christmas gifts.  I have bagged all the items up and they are in our dining room awaiting transfer to our car to take on Sunday...one accomplishment for the day.

Woody also ran errands with his friend who needs transportation.  His two main accomplishments of the day—errand running and grocery shopping.  His errands happened during the rainiest part of the day.

I am going to go back down and clean up the mess I made in the kitchen when I made a pasta veggie dish for Woody this evening.  Then I am hoping that I have enough energy to at least get started on the last couple of sewing projects that I need to get done for Christmas gifts. The time never seems to be right to be able to get to my sewing!  Christmas may come and go and I will be attempting to get in the sewing room to get it done!  I did order the last gift for AZ and had it sent directly to my sister.  That way she can be my personal gift wrapper!

Oh, I did start packing up my fall decorations...and, I literally mean packing them up.  I store them in the kitchen and decided not to put them back in the cabinet since I will just have to take them out for renovation.  So first box packed up with kitchen stuff to be stored till after the kitchen renovation!

No comments:

Post a Comment