Monday, December 31, 2018

Tying Up Loose Ends

I've spent most of the day trying to finish up a few things that needed to be done.  For one thing I had some church library work that needed to be done.  There had been some memorials placed in the library and I needed to write notes to let families know about the gifts in memory of their loved ones. I got all those written, addressed and stamped.  I also got all the paper work done on the computer that goes along with library memorials...a good job done on the last day of the year.

I started making lists of things that need to be done before we head to Vanderbilt on Friday and also a list of things that I don't want to forget to take with us.  I continued to put away things that piled up over the Christmas holiday.  Fabric is put away, thread spools are put away, and now I can actually see the top of my sewing machine cabinet area and the top of my sewing cutting table is "almost" cleared off.  I still have one stack of papers to go through and a few clothes to hang up that didn't get hung up the last time I washed!  I need to get those three things put away so I can build the stack to put away when I do some wash tomorrow! Sorting clothes for tomorrow's washing job probably should come next.  Though, I think that I want to bring my book list up to date in the computer.  It's time to start a new list for 2019!  I read 68 books this year.  I slowed down over the holidays!  Once I got busy with non-stop sewing, I didn't get as much reading done.  But I did meet my goal of reading at least a book a week...went a little beyond those 52.  I have an e-book checked out to read while at the hospital and I will take a "real" book to the hospital, too.

Last night I got in the mood to do some cross stitching, but didn't want to tackle any of the large projects that I have underway so looked through a few graphs and found a small project.  I did get it
started, but will leave it to work on at the hospital, too.  I needed to get it started to see if I would be able to see it without my magnifying light.  I can see it here, but it will depend on the light in the hospital room.

Woody has been good and kept his leg up a lot today.  He did go to the Furnace Room Prayer Meeting this evening.  He is now back.  He has seemed to have a bit more energy since the last transfusion.  Yesterday he even made his Apple Zuchinni Bread.  He even cleaned up the kitchen after his bread baking, which he hasn't felt like doing in a while...he might find enough energy to cook something, but his energy level usually ran out before the cleaning up part! I know that he is ready to get the surgery over with and hopefully have it be much easier to get around not too long
after he has the surgery.

We have had a pretty rainy day today...so raining the Old Year out and I guess we will see what brings in the New Year!  "See" you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment