Friday, December 28, 2018

Braver Than His Grammy!





Isaac had four teeth pulled this morning.  He did great!  He has been enjoying Jello most of the day.  Tomorrow he can have other soft food...but today he was to stick to liquids.  He was put to sleep.  Take a look at the size of these teeth...and, they are baby teeth.  He needed them taken out before his permanent teeth came in in the wrong places.  He is going to be another challenge for the
orthodontist!  The only time I saw him get a little "weak kneed" was when he found out that he had 
stitches!  That didn't sound good to him.  I think that I would be better with dentists if I had been out 
to sleep when I had all those teeth pulled getting ready for braces...but then maybe not! 

Woody had quite a looooong time at the hospital yesterday afternoon and last night and on into the wee hours of the morning.  He go to the hospital around 2pm and didn't get home till 2am!  He said that it took three hours before he ever got the first unit of blood started.  Then it takes three hours (at 
least) for each unit and he got two units.  He did say that he didn't think that they were very efficient!


About thirty minutes before Woody got home our lights went out.  They came back on about the time that he finished eating what had supposed to have been his supper.  They did get him a tray of food, but he couldn't eat most of what was on it.  He said that he hadn't realized how hungry he was till he started eating the pasta dish that I had made him...luckily this pasta dish tastes okay warmed or cold...since couldn't warm anything due to electricity being out.

This morning I did let Dr. Holt know that he had had the shot for anemia and 2 units of blood, as I know that there probably wouldn't be any communication between our local hospital and Vanderbilt. I am going to post the name of the anemia shot for nurse friends who read the blog and for my records so I can check back.  Yesterday was the first time that I had seen the name of the shot written down.

  Woody asked for the name of it when he was getting the shot and they gave him the label.  It is 
Aranesp.

I got quite a bit done on my fabric putting away last night while I waited for Woody to get home.  All my little pieces of fabric are now back in their correct plastic boxes according to color.  Today I have spent way too much time trying to make my computer do what I want it to do...still recovering from the hard drive going out. But I finally can get photos off of all four cameras and onto my laptop.  Just wish that I could get back in to be able to blog from the laptop...so far I am blocked from being able to post on the laptop...it doesn't recognize me as a writer of the blog.  It is very difficult to write it on the iPad.  Most of the time I am typing blind...so please forgive weird spacing and multiple spelling and punctuation errors!

Woody ran his usual Friday errands for us and his friend.  Guess he won't be running Friday errands
next week.  Next week at this time hopefully his surgery will be behind him and he will be starting on the road to healing!

Well, I guess I'll get back to sorting pictures.  I am to mid August...so heading in the right direction!






No comments:

Post a Comment