Thursday, December 12, 2019

A "Leisurely" Jaunt to the Doctor

I put "leisurely" in quotes in the title because that wasn't exactly what I wanted the doctor visit to be.  I had hoped that since I had an 8am appointment that I would be in and out quickly.  A couple of months ago the doctor's office called and told me that the doctor would be out of the office...did I want to see one of her assistants or reschedule.  Since I knew that it was in the midst of holiday doings that I would just stick with the appointment day and see someone else.  This appointment is really mainly for my 6 month lab work...so...I got there this morning at exactly 8.  I checked in and it wasn't long until they called me back.  I mentioned something about just squeaking in at the exact time of the appointment and the nurse said that I wasn't close to late....as my appointment wasn't until 9:30!  They had left me on the same day but changed the time and didn't tell me and for some reason this time they didn't call to remind me of the appointment.  It sounded like I would be seen early...BUT...NO!  I sat there for more than an hour and no one came in...I told myself that I would sit in there till 15 minutes after my "9:30 time" and then I would say something.  I ended up waiting a little longer but did finally open the door and ask if and when I was going to be seen.  I guess that got the ball rolling as it took another 10 minutes, but she finally came in.  I wasn't the happiest of campers...to say the least.  We left the house at 7 and didn't return until after 11.  It was almost like a Vanderbilt appointment and this one so much closer!

We did stop and run a couople of errands on the way home.  Woody a bit stove up.  He has pulled a muscle and is in pain today.  But he has carried on as usual.  He drove me to McMinnville.  Came home and couldn't get one of his Deacon family folk on the phone and he needed to check in with her so he drove to her house.  He is now ready, as am I, to head off to the annual Deacon/Widow banquet.  I decided that I would blog early tonight!  'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment