Saturday, December 21, 2019

Year All Sorted Out...Till I Snap More Photos!

No photos left on the screen to sort and the side bar is all "collapsed" back to smallest size.  I finished this afternoon.  I really enjoyed filing the kitchen renovation pictures...a day by day update as to progress.  When looking at it through pictures it doesn't seem to have taken as long as it did!  I am glad to have the year sorted...at least to this point in the year.  It sort of makes me want to not take any more pictures...BUT the family Christmas celebrations are upon us so I'm sure that I will be adding more to be put into the photo files!  But at least it won't be that many more days of photos to go through.  It should be a snap to get them added in the slow down after Christmas and the approach of the New Year.

Speaking of taking pictures.  My point and shoot that I use the most had been giving me fits lately.  I could take just a few pictures and it would shut off.  I finally decided that both the batteries were probably on the outs.  So I ordered a new battery the other day and it arrived this afternoon.  I didn't buy two...I always have two batteries for my cameras so I can change them out...but since I wasn't sure that it was just the battery I only bought one.  I got it charged and put it in my camera a little while ago and took several pictures to try it out...and it didn't shut off on me...and, yes, now I have photos to upload to the computer once again!  I reformatted all my cameras yesterday...so they would have clean slates as we head into the holidays.  I am glad that I have my little point and shoot back up and running.  It is so much easier to take pictures with it when in a group...I can zoom in and out at will whereas with my other cameras the zooming is limited as to the lens that I have on at a particular time.  I have one that I like to shoot inside with...but it isn't a zoom lens so it is more like the old 35mm cameras...you shoot what the lens sees and your legs have to move you in closer to your subject.  I just know that in all the hustle and bustle of opening gifts that I don't move around a whole lot, but the children do!  So I like the lens to do the walking for me.  I will have a camera with that lens on next to me and I will use it some, but I know that I will use my little one the most.  I do have another point and shoot, but the quality of the photos isn't quite as good...but will still work for our Christmas craziness!  Maybe I can focus more on my picture taking when at Melany's since I don't have to be thinking about timing of food, etc.  We'll see!  It almost always passes in a blur and it is hard to get just the pictures that I want to get...lots of "wishes that I had taken this or that" when the day is done!

Woody went on his weekly trip to the library.  He even added in a stop to buy a Christmas gift.  I "think" that we may be done with gift buying and making.  I will wrap tomorrow and/or Monday and find out!  Wrapping isn't my favorite thing to do...I used to like doing it...but not so much any more.  I have LOTS of gift bags...I think that I will rely on them for most items...lots easier on me and the unwrapper! 'Tis the season!

Here's the ornament that I was making for our tree the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment