Tuesday, December 31, 2019

An Art-Filled Day!

I'm going to write first and then post several photos from our day...that way maybe I won't have to fight the scrolling back and forth of the lines as I type.

We really had a nice day...Melany and I and Erin, Joy, and Esther...five girls off to check out art in Nashville.  Woody did end up driving us as I was having allergy problems with my eyes.  He spent the day at Melany and Wade's reading and working crossword puzzles.  I think he enjoyed the change in his venue, though not in his activities!

The five of us went to the Frist Museum first.  We saw an exhibit of downtown Nashville street art, an extensive Native American Women's Art, and an exhibit of the children's book illustrator, Eric Carle.  All three were very interesting and informative.  Joy enjoyed the Native American exhibit the most.  Esther said that she enjoyed the hands-on art area thr most.  And, Erin said that she liked one of the art pieces in the Native American Women exhibit the most...a TALL pile of folded up blankets that reached almost to the ceiling.  I just wondered if they were attached someway...or if they would tumble if a child or anyone happened to reach in give it a slight push!  I think that Melany and I enjoyed all...don't think that I can pick a favorite!  The Native American Women art exhibit was very thought provoking.  Eric Carle's was just fun to see the original illustration/collages for the covers and backs of so many of his books.  We ate lunch at the little cafe attached to the Frist.  Made a quick stop at the museum gift shop.  Then we loaded up in the car and went to The Plaza Art Supply store...where each of us made a purchase of some sort or another.  Melany even came away with some free samples because she is an art teacher.  Esther now has all the colored pencils that were recommended to draw the eye she drew a while back.  She plans to come over tomorrow and sketch the eye again...we will see if there is a difference!  Joy found some ink cartridges for some of her calligraphy pens.  Esther also found a large palette for her water color painting...clean for the moment!






No comments:

Post a Comment