Thursday, December 19, 2019

Winding Down

This is what it looks like after sewing 30 ornaments this Christmas season!  And, I have cleaned up in between one ornament sewing marathon...so these threads are just for the 15 that I have been sewing on this week.  This afternoon I completed sewing ornaments for gifts for this Christmas!  So now I have time to make a couple for our tree!  Here's the one that is sewing out as I am writing tonight's blog:
It is one that I will wash out the base "fabric" when it is finished and it will look like lace...what machine embroidery folk call "free standing lace." The tree in the center of the circle of lace will swing by just a thread when the water soluble fabric is washed away.  

Today has been another cheesecake making day for Abigail.  Last count she was on her eighth for today and four of them baked over here.  I just took one out of the oven for her...the last over here for today.  I think that this one is going to cool off and then reside in my fridge for the night.  

Woody took his friend back to McMinnville today to see another heart doctor.  Woody left around 11:30 and returned around 4.

Joy continued to make gifts for her family today.  She made another very nice gift...won't say what don't want to give away any secrets!  She decided she wanted to embroider a name on this item...so my machine stopped making ornaments for a little while so it could help Joy out!  The machine that Joy sews on is my original embroidery machine...but technology has come so far that I told her if she wants to embroider to plan to use my newer machine...so much easier and does a much neater job much more quickly.  Mine sews up to 800 stitches per minute...pretty fast!

Well, it is time to change threads our tree ornament so I will publish this before doing that...'Tis the season!



No comments:

Post a Comment