Friday, December 20, 2019

Sorting 2019

This is what I have been looking at most of the day.  I got up and finished up the ornaments that I made for our tree and hung them.  Then I decided that it was time to start the dreaded job of sorting ALL the photos that I have taken this year on FOUR cameras!  I had not sorted any for this year prior to today.  What a job!  But...I can say that the pictures taken on three of the cameras are all sorted and filed away on my external passport drive...some have been backed up twice...those that are date/event specific will be copied over to the second Passport when the photos are all in by months/days.  The general ones...flowers, animals, etc. just go into general folders...not by years...so those I already copied into two Passport drives.  It has gone pretty quickly so far...but these three cameras I use less than the one point and shoot...that is the one that I am still sorting...and, that one I use almost daily to snap one thing or another.  So at this point I am completely finished through January and February with my four cameras...March through December still lack the one camera.  But I feel that I have a good start.  Usually this is a job that I approach the week after Christmas...not the week before!  But this year since we aren't having the family Christmas here time management is different!

Woody did his usual Friday grocery shopping or us and then ran errands with his friend.  Both those take quite a chunk outdoor his day.  He has also read, watched TV, worked crossword puzzles...again...his usual daily routine.

Several happy children have popped in today to announce that they are through with school for this semester...and won't start school again for four weeks (I won't either).  Their trip to the Philippines happens during this four-week break.  They are looking forward to their break and their trip.  I'm just looking forward to the break!

Back to picture sorting...thank goodness for the blog!  I use it to figure out what we are doing and whe we went on certain days so I can sort months specifically! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment