Monday, December 16, 2019

Stormy December Night

We have a cold front coming through...and it bumped into above normal December temperatures...a very balmy day...never a good sign when storms are approaching.  They just confirmed that at least two people have been killed in Alabama.  The threat has ended in our area.  Woody is out in it because of the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer meeting.  He is in charge of opening up so he headed out just prior to the storm's a arrival.  He said that he wouldn't get out of the car unless someone else came.  I'm assuming that someone else ventured out into the stormy evening since he hasn't gotten home.  Speaking of him getting back...he has just come in!

 I chose tonight's photo because it shows an umbrella ornament.  I bought this ornament in
Massachusetts on a special trip that a friend and I went on many years ago.  I bought the Plymouth/Massachusetts Cape ornament at the same time.  I bought the umbrella ornament to represent all the rain that we get here in TN.

I didn't have school today as Kathy's parents are here and they are celebrating their family Christmas. I did see a couple of the children out in the yard.  And, Joy is still making gifts.  She came over and finished sewing a gift that she had been working on for a while.  She is the only one who comes over and works at the sewing machine and enjoys her Grammy's fabric scraps.

I continued on with my ornament making...but still more to go and until all the lightning goes away I won't be turning on my machine.  I think that I will still be able to get one more done tonight.  The storm has mainly just turned to rain here at this point...wind has died down and only faint rumbles once in a while.  I made a big pot of chicken soup for our supper.  It will taste even better tomorrow when the temperatures drop.

Woody ran an errand with his friend and then later in the day tried to get a phone message to him about an appointment that has been set up for him tomorrow. But at this point the appointment will be a surprise to him, as he didn't come to the door when Woody went over the last two times or he wasn't there.  Woody also had an appointment with his nephrologist today...this time with the PA.  He has to go back in a couple of weeks as one of his labs wasn't the best so they want to check it sooner than usual.

Well, back to the sewing machine! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment