Saturday, December 14, 2019

Taste of Christmas!

The first bite of Peppermint Stick ice cream each year tells me that it is Christmas time!  And, today I had that first bite so now I know that Christmas is upon us.  We used to have this ice cream when I was growing up...so I guess it is a memory taste!

Melany and Erin arrived late morning and stayed to visit till a little before dark...dark comes around 4:30pm these days that are getting shorter and shorter!  We had a nice visit.  I think that Erin liked our new kitchen.  She helped me finish up lunch.  She made our green salads and helped me put the finishing touches on the focaccia bread that I was in the process of making when they arrived.  We had an enjoyable lunch of spaghetti and meatballs, a green salad with lots of fixings, focaccia bread, and peppermint stick ice cream.  Nathan, Kathy and part of their family came over and we made plans for our family Christmas celebration at Melany and Wade's.  Looks like we are going to have our celebration of the actual day...that hasn't happened in years!  I guess that gives me another day to get ready!  'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment