Thursday, December 5, 2019

Busy Day!

At the moment my machine is sewing away while I blog...it is that sort of day...need to multitask!  I probably should be doing something to get ready for the party on Sunday, but at this time of day it is easier to sew!  I need to work on "Woody's room" (the family room) but it is easier to work on it when he isn't in there trying to watch TV or read!  I was going to work in there today while he went to his nephrologist's, but I was needed to take six grandchildren to the dentist!

Can you imagine having six appointments back to back!?! Their pediatric dentist is willing to do it that way.  The 7th went this morning as he had college classes this afternoon!  I was impressed how efficient the office was and they were all done in about an hour!  I expected to be there all afternoon! Isaac got good news about the tooth that he bumped a while back and they were worried that he was going to have a root canal...but at this point it seems to be okay.  For which we are all very thankful...especially Isaac!  He was so happy when the dentist said that it was okay now.

The reason that I needed to take them to the dentist was because Kathy has a kidney stone.  She is going to have surgery tomorrow to remove it.  She needs to get on the mend as they will be leaving after the first of the year for a mission trip to the Philippines.  So we have to get her well!  Abigail drove us to the dentist in their 15 passenger van.  No way am I going to drive that!  We had quite the time today with cars between our two households.  But it all worked out and I think that everyone got to where they needed to be and back.

As I mentioned this was an appointment day for Woody at his nephrologist's.  It was only for lab work.  He will go back to see the doctor in about a week and a half...after the doc has a chance to read his labs.

Well, the design is about finished stitching...now to decide what to do with it!  I did finish the ornaments that I needed to do for Sunday...and, they are all wrapped and ready.  I have found the little story that I read while we pass around the ornaments for our exchange and that is under the tree.  I got the prayer list ready to pass around on Sunday.  So I have done a few things today to get ready.  Thanks goodness I am decorated and cleaned really well while decorating.  Still have dishes to get out, but those can wait till Saturday...other than the family room there isn't a lot of cleaning to do...a good thing!  'Tis the season...to be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment