Friday, December 6, 2019

Lots Going On!

I feel like I have done a little of everything today.  The hour of my Sunday School is fast approaching so today was a day to mark some things off my "to-do list."  I think, though, that I may have added more to that list than I marked off! Though I have done a lot.  All my helps have been working: dishwasher, vacuum, Bissell Little Green Machine, sewing machine, food processor, and just plain ol' elbow grease on my part!  Things are cleaner and I'm a little closer to ready.  Tomorrow will be the day when I will have to finish up.  The brunch is at 8am on Sunday so there won't be much time to do things that day!  I even straightened up my sewing room...just to have it clean when the party is over so I can really get busy again on my Christmas sewing.  I did manage to do run the vacuum and do some spot cleaning on the carpet in the family room while Woody was gone to do our grocery shopping and then later to run errands with his friend.  I have all the ingredients out on the counter to make Wassail tomorrow (my contribution to the brunch along with coffee and fruit juices.).  I will put that together tomorrow and then let it sit to blend the flavors till Sunday morning when I will heat it back up.  I got the coffee pot from Nathan and Kathy this morning...before Kathy went for her kidney stone surgery.

Speaking of Kathy's surgery.  She is home and is very thankful that her back is no longer hurting.  Hopefully she is resting and catching up on some of the sleep she lost the last few days when she was hurting so badly.

Woody, as I mentioned did our grocery shopping.  He had three very helpful grandchildren bring the groceries in from the car for him.  That helped me too!  I had just finished wiping down the shelves in the fridge when he got home...so good timing!  He later headed off to run errands with his friend.

We expected to get some rain today, but we got very little...mainly just sprinkles.  I'm sure that Esther's cats were happy that we didn't get much rain.  They really wanted to come inside today...it wasn't very cold so maybe they felt the rain that was supposed to be coming...or they just wanted to come in!  They re both very friendly with me when I was outside today for a short time...they both came running to get petted and to talk with me a bit!  They may have just been trying to convince me that they needed some food...they like to do that.  Esther assured me that she had fed them.

Time to get back to doing a little something more before the day ends for me...my chair is starting to call my name along with the book that is on the arm of the chair!  But I think that I should at least go transfer the wash into the drier before I totally play out for the day! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment