Monday, December 30, 2019

The End is Near!

I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2019.  Time has certainly flown this year...though in some ways it seems like forever since Woody had the second surgery on his leg and we were facing that in just a few days on this day last year.

Woody has come and gone much more than I today.  He took his friend to the doctor here in town this afternoon and this evening has gone to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer meeting.  I only ventured out to go next door to talk to Joy and Esthe about their trip tomorrow to the museum and art store.  We will head off in the morning and go to Melany's house and at that point let her take over the transportation and Erin will also join us.  Esther came over this afternoon determining some colors of colored pencils she needs.  I told her back in the early fall that you could buy prisma colored pencils individually at some art stores and that got her intrigued in going to a "real" art store.  And, the idea for her and Joy's Christmas presents came to my mind.  When I asked Melany if she would take us to an art store in Nashville, she came up with the idea of going to the Frist Art Museum  in the same trip and that became their Christmas gift to Joy and Esther. So tomorrow is the day that their Christmas present becomes a reality.

I planned to make bread today, but then decided that we had too much bread on hand and that I should wait till we are in need of bread!  So instead I decided to start the quoted wall hanging that I plan to make.  I traced all the applique pieces and fused the pieces onto the back of their respective fabrics.  Next step is to cut out these pieces and fuse them to the background fabric.  I will have tondo some piecing before that step...so machine work is just around the corner.

I have also been reading.  Not sure if this book will be the last book of 2019 that I have read this year or if it will be the first book finished in 2020.  It is a pretty fast read so it may add to this year's total...time will tell.  The fact that I will be away a good part of the day tomorrow may hamper my getting it finished.  I have surpassed my goal of 52 (a book a week) so perhaps it will be more of a help towards 2020's reading goal!

Woody, of course, has been reading, doing crossword puzzles, and watching some TV.  He has a lot of crossword puzzles to work on since my sister and Melany and family gifted him with crossword puzzle books for Christmas.  He's happy working his way through them.  He's working on the puzzle book he got for his birthday at the moment.  Alexa has helped him some with difficult clues.  I have used Alexa this afternoon to get a few things straight in my head about World War II.  The book that I am reading takes place in that time frame.  A new source for "needed" information!?!  We just need to learn how to communicate with her properly by asking the right questions with the right words and in the right order! I've been testing her and she's not too swift when it comes to answering questions about sewing!  She just tried to sell me a sewing machine on Amazon, and all I asked her about was a type of sewing machine needle.  I guess she is entertainment?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment