Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Day for Sides

I spent the morning in the kitchen. This time I was working on sides...Italian Cauliflower and Mac and Cheese. Woody started the cauliflower by breaking the head up into florets and then I took over steaming it and then making the oil, vinegar, and garlic dressing. It is good served hot or cold. The mac and cheese was for me since he isn't supposed to eat it and the cauliflower mostly for Woody since it is something that he can eat. Sometimes when I make something that Woody can't eat I feel a little guilty...but not when I make mac and cheese since he doesn't like it! I keep track of the fact that it is Wednesday by calling Donna at our usual time to work in the church library. We once again got caught up on what we are doing...she keeps track of me via the blog...but I need the call to keep up with her! We actually did talk library for a little bit...about a memorial book that I have been requested to purchase. While I was talking to Donna, I got a signal that another call was coming in...so after I hung up from Donna, I checked and saw that it was Marie our Sunday School class teacher. So I returned her call and talked Sunday School business with her and caught up with her also. After my phone calls, I headed off to Walmart for my once a month visit (this month I have snuck in another visit the day Melany and I went bird feeder shopping). I have several over-the-counter medications that get there and I was going to run out of one of my allergy medications tomorrow. So that job is taken care of for another month. I'm not missing shopping at all! I got a phone call from my doctor's office this morning saying that my labs were status quo so to proceed with the current medications and instructions...always good to hear. Now I'm heading downstairs to watch Master Chef with Woody. Then I will be ready for my recliner and my current book. Oh, and, the current squirrel count = 29 relocated!!! I wonder how many of the little rascals live in our vicinity!

No comments:

Post a Comment