Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Squirrel proofing?






The top two pictures are supposed to be squirrel proof...so far the top one hasn't seen any squirrel success at getting to the seeds.  But a squirrel did take a taste of the red pepper suet...that they are not supposed to like...and he didn't seem to be too upset about it being spicy hot.  I may have to add a sprinkling of cayenne on the outside of this one to discourage them.

As you can see by the bottom photo that squirrels are still hanging around and trying to hide from us. But Elijah is proving to be a very good trapper.  He just caught #18 (might be 19).  I'm having trouble keeping track of the numbers.  He has trapped 4 today and hoping for another to make a record of getting 5 in one day!  I thought that we could see a difference in the number of squirrels in our yard...but today they were back in full force...perhaps they are back protesting the relocation of so many family members!  Elijah says that he is going to keep on trapping them the whole summer!
Goosey (Woody) and I may be broke at the rate he is catching them.  I told Nathan that he might have to negotiate a portion of Elijah's profits for gas money!

The tropical depression didn't give us as much rain as we had hoped...but we did get some in the night and had a couple of short showers during the day today.  I sat out on the front porch again this morning enjoying the breeze and the birds.  I decided today that I would mess with some of the settings on my camera...out of the time I just take the easy way out and take them pretty much with the camera's set settings.

Woody has stayed inside today mainly reading and working his crossword puzzles and watching a little TV.  Nothing very earth shattering has been happening around...pretty much the "same ol', same ol'!"

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!


No comments:

Post a Comment