Friday, June 26, 2020

Friday Fixin's


Today's fixin's have been done in my kitchen...makin' cookies and then fixin' a pork roast.  I made cookies this morning and then this afternoon found me roastin' the pork and then makin' some fixin's...gravy and some panned fried potatoes (potatoes for me...not on Woody's diet).  The hardest part of doing all this fixin' was the cleanin' up after!  I filled up the dishwasher, but then had a pile of miscellaneous items that either didn't fit in the dishwasher or weren't supposed to be washed in the dishwasher.  The cleanin' is now behind me and I now have earned some readin' time in my recliner, once I publish this blog! Woody is especially enjoyin' the oatmeal cookies...he had been wantin' cookies!  He also enjoyed a some slices of pork on a sandwich for his supper...then a couple more cookies!

Woody ventured out today.  First he went to the Credit Union and got gas and came back home.  Then a little later he headed off to run errands with his friend who doesn't drive.  When he got home he had lunch and not long after lunch, he had me carry out the gardening bench/seat and his bucket (to put the weeds he would pull) and several gardening tools.  He tackled a small garden that is bordered by the street.  It looks a lot better due to all his efforts...and he kept from tumbling off the bench despite the incline that he was on a good portion of the time!  I emptied his weed bucket on the compost pile several times for him.  So all in all it was a busy day for both of us...now we are settling in for our usual low-keyed Friday evening!

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment