Friday, June 12, 2020

On the Road...for a Change

"Things have changed with the blog...not sure what will end up being published! I guess the new format is changing things up. I have had to struggle to get to a place that will allow me to add a photo and now I am in a screen that is like a rough draft with the photo just a bunch of symbols. We will see what happens when I push publish! Maybe this will let me type and see what I am typing. Most of the time lately I am typing blindly and I am sure that my lack of accuracy shows! Especially when typing on the iPad without a "real" keyboard...hard to touch type...and then there are my fingernails that tend to tap letters that I don't mean to type! My excuse...and I am sticking to it! Now, about "being on the road...for a change." I had my six-month check-in with my doctor this morning...her office is about an hour away so we headed out a little after 7:30am. It was a pleasant ride over, but I didn't shoot a lot of pictures out the windshield so didn't post one of those tonight. I go every six months for labs due to some of the medications that I take. This was my first experience in a doctor's office during the pandemic. I stayed in the car and a nurse came out and asked me Covid-19 questions and took my temperature and then gave me a paper that said that I passed that part of the exam! I went in the office and signed in and sat for only a few minutes. No one else was in the waiting room...one person walked through to leave. The rest of the time I was in an exam room until I went out to make my next appointment. My doctor's office is in a county that has even less Covid-19 cases than our county does so hopefully I made it in and out without getting infected. I wore my mask the whole time and the nurses had on masks. The doctor wore a face shield. Almost as soon as we got home, Woody turned around and headed out to take his friend to run errands and get groceries. I ate lunch...since I hadn't had breakfast. Then I went out on the front porch to read and watch birds...but soon realized that I was getting very sleepy so went inside and pretty promptly fell asleep and slept just about all the time that Woody was gone. Guess I'm not used to traveling anywhere! I cooked our supper and have started to clean up the kitchen. I'll head down to finish after I hit publish. Woody is downstairs with his Friday evening news programs, a crossword puzzle book and the new book that he started this morning. He's had a lot of sitting-in-the-car time today...first waiting on me and then waiting on his friend! We're both ready to settle in for another quiet Friday evening! (Now we'll see what the blog looks like!) Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment