Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A Reality Check


Today seemed to be a day of the phone ringing...most were telemarketers...so lots didn't get answered.  But the one call that we got is one that we would have just as soon not have received.  It was from the liaison for Woody's kidney doctor.  She thinks that it is time to refresh our memories about dialysis.  We talked to her two years ago...so we have put it off for a while.  But she is concerned that his kidney function numbers are getting lower and lower.  She made an appointment to come to the house to talk to us.  We made the decision two years back when we talked last that he wanted to have dialysis at home.  We were told that there would be LOTS of supplies that we would have to find storage space.  So we will see what she has to say on Monday.

We had rain in the night and then another time of rain this morning...a good day for the gardens and a good day for the gardeners not having to water!  We have both stayed in most of the day today.  Neither of us went anywhere.  I worked on sorting through some papers to decide what could be recycled.  The washer and dryer got a work out today.  All that was washed has been put away.  I still have one more load to tackle tomorrow.  Lately each day I just do a little of this and a little of that.  I did complete another book...the count for this year is 71.  I think that close to 40 of those have been during our "safer at home" time.  I have enjoyed watching livestream videos that my sewing machine company (Janome) has been putting on Facebook.  Yesterday's program was about machine embroidering with free arm...she told several things that I hadn't realized I could do.  I'm looking forward to trying out what she told on the video.  I'm always excited to learn something new about my machine.  I've tried just about everything that you can do on it...so am glad to be told something that I hadn't read or heard in a class before.

Woody continues to work at least two crossword puzzles a day.  He's reading lots too.  I have a feeling that he has read even more than I have during this pandemic.  He doesn't keep a list by year like I do so he can't say how many he has read.  He keeps a list but by author and title...I have that type of list also...I guess I am just over listed!  I have a paper list by year and one in my iPad by author and titles.

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment