Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Wednesday




Not a lot going on around here...pretty slow-go summertime sheltering at home activities.  After I cooked breakfast today.  I did a little preparation of sweet peppers for the freezer.  Having them in the freezer all cut up in pieces makes life easier when I need them for recipes.  This was a mixture of red, yellow, and orange peppers.  I diced this batch.  I still have some to cut up and think that I will do some as strips.  Most of the rest of my day was taken up with working in the sewing room and also clearing off my sewing cutting table.  I'm working on getting all the fabric pieces put away after my mask sewing task of a while back.  And, I have been reading.  I talked to Donna today for our weekly "library" check-in...mainly we just caught up on what had gone on since the last time we talked.

Not long after breakfast Woody headed off to the Tennessee Oncology office.  It was time for his monthly labs with them and also got his anemia and B-12 shots.  So that visit took up part of his morning.  He has done his usual crossword puzzles, read, and watched a little TV.  

I will report that when I have been outside in the last couple of days, that I haven't seen many squirrels.  I haven't spent a lot of time on the front porch so I may have just gone out when they weren't around.  The suet isn't going as fast as when they were feasting.  And, so far the new bird feeder that I bought when Melany was here a couple of weeks ago is squirrel proof.  But so far with a stop in trapping, we haven't noticed a lot more move in...so maybe we are controlling the squirrel population, at least in our front yard...for the moment.

Woody and I have prepared the paperwork for requesting mail-in ballots so we can vote at home in our August election. TN is allowing people over 60 to request mail-in ballots. 

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!


No comments:

Post a Comment