Monday, June 22, 2020

Hemmin' and Hawin'



Well, I'll try again...I was writing the blog and it froze up and wouldn't let me add to, subtract from, or copy what I had written.  I had a draft but couldn't get it to open.  So...when I opened a new one, it looks like the old style blog...we'll see if there are paragraphs!

About tonight's blog title...I did more hemming than hawing.  I rehemmed two pairs of my pants.  Advantage of sewing...you can get a little more wear out of some clothes by cutting away the old hem and rehemming.  The pants that I worked on today both had enough length to be able to cut off the old hem and turn up a new hem.  Now I will get more wear out of them until some other part of them wears put!  The hems look like new!  I also made a quilt label for the t-shirt quilt that Kathy made for Graham for his graduation.  I used my sewing software to write the words on the computer and then transfer them over to the sewing machine where they had been turned into machine embroidery stitches.  Pretty nifty!  All the above meant that I spent most of the morning in the sewing room.

Woody ran an errand for me.  He picked up one of my prescriptions at our pharmacy.  He did his usual daily crossword puzzles, finished another book, and sat out on the front porch for a while this afternoon.

Melany spent the day with us yesterday...visiting her daddy on Father's Day.  We had a nice visit.  She left in time to go home to make Wade dinner.  Celebrating Father's Day in two places. Nathan and family came over before church to see Goosey (Woody) and give him Father's Day gifts.  So he got celebrated well!

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!







No comments:

Post a Comment