Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Windy Wednesday!



There's a good chance that these two who are pictured in tonight's blog no longer live in our neighborhood!  Last count for Elijah's trapping expertise was 22!!!  And, we still see some running around the yard.  Woody and I actually saw the trap close on the last one to be captured.  The traps are set again and we will see what tomorrow brings!  

I ran a couple of errands this morning.  Woody finished the last library book that I got for him last week. I put in some hold requests early this morning and they called around 10am saying that I could pick my time to pick them up.  Since I was out picking up books, I also picked up one of my prescriptions at the pharmacy...killed two birds with one stone/trip.

This afternoon, both Woody and I have spent time out on the front porch watching birds and reading...it was rather steamy for a while, but there finally was a hint in the air that the humidity was going to lower as are temperatures supposed to lower for the next couple of days.  Nathan, Isaac, and Joseph joined us on the front porch for a while.  They wanted to see and hear the cat bird that Nathan had told them about.  The cat bird did pay us a visit while they were sitting there and also made it's mewing call.  Funny!  I was getting our supper and all of a sudden I heard a tap on the window...thought at first that a bird had flown into it...but it was Joseph wanting to get my attention.  He wanted to tell me that he had seen both a downy woodpecker and a cat bird at the feeders at the same time.  Just about all the neighbor grandchildren have shown interest in bird watching/identifying at some point around the age that Joseph is now (just out of kindergarten).  Glad they enjoy sitting on the front porch both with us and when we aren't there.  It is really pleasant just sitting there watching the birds flit in and out getting some seeds.  

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!



No comments:

Post a Comment