Thursday, June 25, 2020

Sewing Day

Today I spent a good part of the day in my sewing room.  Last night I managed to get a handle on my knit scraps...I had gotten a lot out to make ties for the masks I'd made and had never wrangled them back into their bin.  In reorganizing that bin I came across some pieces that I have t-shirts made from.  I remembered that when I was putting those t-shirts away the other day that their necklines had seen better days.  So I decided to replace the neck bands and add a bit more time to their wearability.  The hardest part was undoing what I had done when making them...the new went on quickly and easily.  So tonight I can say that I have three t-shirts that look better than they did yesterday...and, I'll get a little more wear out of them.  I wouldn't have done this if these three hadn't been comfy favorites of mine...always hate to get rid of those favorites!  I enjoyed my time in the sewing room...haven't done a lot in there during the pandemic.  I've felt drawn in there the last few days.  Perhaps I will find a new project to start.

Woody has spent his day mainly reading along with some crossword puzzle solving and some TV watching.  We have both finished another book today.

I watered my container garden this evening...they dry out pretty quickly.  I also did a little deadheading.  This was the first time that I used the new hose that Woody got for Father's Day...nice to have one that hasn't sprung leaks along its length!  I picked our first two grape tomatoes while I we out there.  The veggies are getting bigger that we have in our container gardens...sweet red peppers, grape tomatoes (guess technically a fruit?), and egg plants.  The herbs are all doing very well.  I have been using the herbs when I cook for some time now...but their growth has really taken off.  And the hibiscus and the sunpatiens are looking pretty...lantana at the moment doesn't have any blooms but I expect to see more...they have gone through two or three blooming times so far.  Our little patio slab looks quite pretty with the pots and planters...and most of it is useful in the kitchen...or will be.

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment