Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Good-Bye, June



I think that this cow is also wondering where the month of June has gone...in fact, wondering where the first half of the year has gone!  I thought that time would move slower while sheltering at home...but I was wrong!  It is speeding right along!

I think that today has been a recovery day from doing so much over the weekend and then yesterday.  I just haven't felt like doing anything and, thus...haven't done much!  I did get the last of my fabric scraps put away (got them out for masks and hadn't ever gotten them beyond a pile on my cutting table.  I got them all sorted by color and back in their correct plastic shoe box.  Good job done...finally!  My other accomplishment of the day...a hair cut...a very important job done!  I don't want to go for 10 weeks ever again!  I hope that hair salons aren't put on the list of things that need to recluse!  But the opening back up of a lot of places doesn't seem to be faring well with stopping the virus...too easy to go back to our old ways once things opened up again!

I forgot to report last night that the traps are reset again...the week without them showed us that definitely the squirrel population in our yard has been cut way down...but not long after Elijah reset the traps he caught his 34th!!!  So the little rascals are still out and about.  We haven't sat a lot on the porch the last few days so haven't observed like we do some days.

Woody has had a quiet day today doing his crossword puzzles and reading.  He is about finished with one of the books that I got for him on Saturday.  I finished another book today, too.  I'm now racing my 75th book of the year...I'm averaging about 3 books a week...so well above my goal of 1 a week.  I keep thinking that I am going to slow down in my reading and get into a sewing or needlework mode...but at this point my reading keeps drawing me to my recliner whenever I need a break! I have been trying to decide on a design to add to a t-shirt...but haven't made the final decision yet.  I have LOTS of designs to choose from...which makes the decision that much harder!

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment