Monday, June 8, 2020

Monday Challenge




Today I challenged the birds to finish the last of the suet in the suet cage...not an easy task for some of the larger birds.  The woodpeckers and some of the smaller birds have no problem.  Here is how the brown thrasher solved his problem...he used his wings!!  I was very happy to capture this bottom photo.

I went out on the front porch fairly early to drink my morning tea, photograph birds, and do a little reading.  The reading is hard to do if I am trying to keep a focus on the birds.  Yesterday Melany spent the day with us.  She has a bird feeder that keeps the squirrels from getting at the seed, so she and I went to WalMart to see if they had one like she has.  They did...guess a photo of the new feeder will be fodder for another blog.

Elijah continues to be our squirrel trapper!  This morning he and his daddy relocated Elijah's 13th captured squirrel!  I will say that we saw a lot less squirrels in our yard today!  Way to keep on trapping, Elijah.

Woody sat on the porch for a while with me this morning.  He has read, worked crossword puzzles, watched some TV and probably dozed a bit today.  He did go out this afternoon and to give some plant food to some of the plants on our patio.  Things are really looking good and making great strides in growth in our herb/vegetable/flower containers that we have on that area at the back of our house.

I had a socially distanced visit with Donna, my church library co-worker.  She stopped by to pick up her Sunday School literature and also to get some of the books from the church library that Woody was finished with.  It was good to visit on the front porch. There was a pleasant breeze blowing...I guess the breeze that pretty much blew all day is from the tropical depression...think we will get some rain from it tomorrow...at least our gardens are counting on it!

Be safe!
Be well!
Be Cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment