Thursday, June 11, 2020

Today, Tomorrow, the Future


Today's blooms!


Tomorrow's bloom!


Future goodness!


I have spent a good portion of the day enjoying our beautiful weather...lower temperatures and much lower humidity...a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  I spent time with Isaac and Joseph.  First I showed them the blooms on the hibiscus that they gave me for Mother's Day.  Then they took me on a tour of their gardens.  Isaac counted the potato plants and announced that all the potatoes that they planted had sprouted into potato plants...now hoping for potatoes down the road...part of the future of gardening!

After the garden tour, they sat on the front porch with me and we played bird detective...trying to identify any birds that came that we didn't already know what they were.  We think that we identified a song sparrow.  It did sing for us and it had a lovely voice.  We learned about woodpeckers and where that long tongue is stored up in their heads and why they don't get a headache when they pound so hard on a tree!

I did a little reading and also a little photographing of birds.  Elijah trapped another squirrel bringing the current grand total to 23 trapped and relocated!  We definitely had fewer squirrels running around in our front yard today.  

Woody stayed in today...a bit cooler than he likes!  He worked crossword puzzles, spent some time on the laptop, and has read.  He is about finished with one of the books I picked up for him yesterday.  He says that he is enjoying the book choices that I have made for him.  The one he is almost finished with is a John Grisham.  We both like to read Grisham...and, I haven't read the one he is reading at the moment.  I may have to pick it up when he is finished!  Though, I have plenty of e-books to keep me busy for quite a while.  I'm closing in on the finish of another e-book.  The e-books that I am reading now have different time limits on them so I am reading the ones due the soonest first instead of going back and forth between all of them and alternating after chapters.  



Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!


No comments:

Post a Comment