Thursday, July 22, 2021

Afternoon Spent for Naught!

They didnt call Woody to come in early today...all the back and forths on time trnd to throw me off...hard to plan! But today he used the ramp for the first time with his walker. Much easier not having to go down the front steps! I forgot that I snapped a picture, but here it is:
I decided that after I dropped Woody off at dialysis that I would come and work on getting the problem worked out that I am having with my camera that I got for my birthday back in March. I have never gotten around the focus problems so decided that it was time to address them with Panasonic, maker of my cameras. There is a place on the Panasonic site that you can chat via typing with people who can help with problems. After typing several thins back and forth, he decided that my camera needed to be sent to either be repaired or replaced. So he emailed me the paperwork that needed to be filled out. I decided that I would follow through and get it all taken care of while Woody was at dialysis and planned to mail the package on my way to pick him up. I followed the instructions to the letter...including taking the battery out of the camera and wrapping it in bubble wrap (specifically told to take it out of camera and then wrap the battery individually). I also had to put on the label that the battery was in the package. Again, did just as I was told. Got the size box that they recommended, found all the items that came with the camera including the box it came in. Got it all packaged up, filled out the paper work, copied original sales slip...got all that into the cardboard box and then stuffed it well with bubble wrap, sealed the box with packaging tape...attached the address label...covered the label with mailing tape and it was ready to mail. Headed off to the Post Office and got in line...no one in front of me except someone who was being waited on. I got up there and the clerk saw the battery info on the label and called over another worker. They questioned how the battery was in the package...I told them and also told them that those were the instructions of the company. Well, they said that under no circumstances could the battery be sent not in the camera...Panasonic said not to send it in the camera. So I left with my package in my hands and not mailed! My plan at the moment is to contact Panasonic again tomorrow...it was too late to contact them today by the time I got back from picking Woody up so will try again tomorrow. And, I am going to tell them that I am just not going to send the battery back (I figure that another postal worker will tell me that it can't go in the camera either!) so I am just not going to send it back and tell them to not send one to me when they either send me my camera back fixed or send back a replacement. I don't want to undo the package another time! I guess I will attempt to get it mailed tomorrow after we get back from the Winchester hospital where Woody has to register and do whatever preop stuff he has to do prior to his biopsy next week. Woody felt like he might need a wheelchair tomorrow especially since we don't know where we are going! I managed to get the wheelchair into the trunk...how I'm not sure! If we were going to Harton here in town we know that we could use one of theirs, but have no idea where or if one would be available at this hospital. The reason that we are having to go out of town is that a lot of Tullahoma doctors got fed up with the last company/corperation that took over our local hospital so a lot of them are no longer affiliated with our hospital so that means we have to go to Winchester...a small town down the road from us. Our local hospital has since been bought out by Vanderbilt...don't know if any of the doctors who have left will try to come back or not...they may still not want their practices run by a corperation! I'm not too happy nor is Woody to have to go to a hospital that we aren't familiar with to have a procedure done that could so easily be done here in familiar territory. Oh, well...better than going to Murfreesboro or Nashville. One of Woody's peritoneal nurses came in to talk with his this afternoon. He told him that the surgeon would address the catheter problem when we go to see him a week from tomorrow. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment