Monday, July 5, 2021

Slowly But Surely

Woody and I have just returned from the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. I was his driver tonight...much to his dismay! At the moment, he is resting in a yard chair getting up enough energy to make it up the four steps and onto our front porch...not easy for him at any time, but since surgery especially difficult. Today he has spent most of the day resting. I think that he got really good rest during the night last night and also several good naps during the day. He didn't have any appointments this morning or afternoon so he stayed in and rested...hopefully good for healing. Tomorrow he has an appointment at the dialysis center to check that his peritoneal catheter still works. He is going in tomorrow to flush the line to make sure that it is still working. The surgeon has okayed a low volume flush. We will probably find out how soon he will start back on dialysis at home. I know that Woody will be glad when he doesn't have to spend 4 or 5 hours at the dialysis center three times a week. He will have hemodialysis after his appointment with the peritoneal dialysis nurse. I haven't done a lot since Cheryl left on Friday...have been lazy and resting up. There is still plenty of food left so I haven't even had to cook. Once Woody gets in the house I will make him his evening shake. I have been reading and doing some stitching on a Christmas ornament. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment