Monday, July 12, 2021

Signs of the Day (Taken Another Day!)

We left the house around 7 this morning. Woody had an appointment with his dermatologist in Murfreesboro. Woody drove there (first time that he has driven since his surgery), but by the time he walked to his appointment from the car, had his appointment, and walked back to the car, he decided that I could ride home. He said that it wasn't because he felt weak, but that he just felt so sleepy. So I drove home, me who says that I no longer drive out of Tullahoma! I only drove on Interstate 24 for a short distance and then got off to take the back roads back to Tullahoma...not straight roads by any means! But I have driven this route before so I was fairly familiar with it. There was a possibility of rain and I didn't want to have to deal with all the trucks passing on the interstate in the rain! It only rained a little so that was good. We made it home...thankfully. We both rested a good portion of the afternoon! Woody went to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting this evening. I have come out on the front porch to wait for him so I can "help" in the house...or at least spot him when he is going up the front steps. The fireflies are out and it is rather pleasant on the front porch. It has been breezy today and a bit cooler so the humidity was bearable. I killed a mosquito on my arm a few minutes ago...but that was when I was still inside. So far this year the mosquitos haven't been too bad. We really got the rain yesterday...major downpours at times...haven't had to water the gardens for several days now and they continue to look good. I picked a tomato yesterday...needs to ripen a bit more, but it can do that on our kitchen counter where its redness won't tempt any birds! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! And, no, I did not take these signs today, but on another trip with Woody was driving...but I did see these signs today along with a lot of others warning of curves, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment