Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Surprises in the Compost Pile

When I went out to empty te compost bucket, I was met with with a surprise...literally a surprise as these are known as "Surprise Lilies." Another name for them is "Naked Ladies." I started to title tonight's blog "Naked Ladies in the Compost Pile...but decide that perhaps it was best not to! Earlier in the Spring, leaves come up like a normal lily...but then the leaves die off and these stems of pretty pink lilies pop up as a surprise looking very naked without their leaves! We got a call at 6am asking if Woody could come in between 7:45 and 8 am. They were ready for him when we got there. While he was at dialysis, I attempted to clean up "his" room. I did manage to vacuum in there along with a couple of other rooms. I thought that he might like a clean room to come home to tomorrow after his biopsy. I have done some sitting today enjoying stitching on my Town Square sampler. I am working on the second house. It is almost finished...just needs a roof. It has been a very warm day...low 90s with a feels-like temperature of around 96...pretty warm and humid...typical summer day. We really can't complain since the heat has held off this long this summer. I did call the Winchester hospital this morning to find out the actual time that we are to be there in the morning. The lady I talked to said that the automated calls shouldn't happen...or some such as the times they say aren't correct. The 7:45 time is when they hope to take him for his procedure. He is to be there by 6:30am to get all the preliminary things out of the way...like an IV, etc. So we will be up and off pretty early in the morning. I attempted to move Woody from the car into the house with the wheelchair when he got home from dialysis and was only partially successful. I could not get the wheelchair with Woody in it up and over a bump in our driveway that we have to pass over to get to the ramp if he is in the passenger side of the front seat. Going up the ramp and getting him into the house wasn't a problem. After he had been in a while, he said that he thought that I could get over the bump if I turned the wheelchair around and approached the bump with the big wheels. Well, that sounds good...but not knowing if I could manage it since he wasn't feeling like going back and trying again, I decided to take Melany up on her offer to be here when we get home so she can help if necessary. I never know how awake he will be either...so might need extra manpower to get him situated from the car into the wheelchair and then from the wheelchair into his chair. Melany said that she wanted to come visit another time before school gets underway so tomorrow will be that day...a visit and help! I texted with Nathan today and asked how he, Joy and the rest of the crew were. He replied, "All good!" So I hope that is right! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment