Thursday, July 8, 2021

New Sampler for the Stairwell Wall

Yesterday I got a call from Hobby Lobby that my frame was ready for my sampler. I got the sampler stretched on the mat board so it was all ready to take to Hobby Lobby this morning after I dropped Woody off at dialysis. I spent quite a while this afternoon deciding where I would hang it on the sampler wall. In the end I moved one sampler to another spot on the wall and let the new one take its place toward the top of the stairs. The photos show the new sampler, the sampler wall looking up the stairs and then looking down. On the one shooting down, you can see the new sampler...closest to the top of the framed pieces. It fit perfectly in the place of my oldest sampler. The one I took down, I found a new place for towards the bottom of the staircase. I also took down all the samplers one by one and dusted them and then hung them. I hadn't done this job before Cheryl and Rachel came because they were all straight and wanted to leave well enough alone! I used the laser level and got them hopefully straight once again. I also changed the bumpers on all the photos to the silicone type that "hold onto" the wall a bit better than the felt ones that the framers had put on all those many years ago. All the samplers are dated in the 1990s except for one that dates to the 80s and the new one with 2021...a bit of a time warp...I guess those dates show a gap of when I wasn't stitching much. Plus once I got a pleasing number done for the staircase, I went on to stitch other things. Now I'm thinking of adding to the stair sampler collection once again...lots more space...can go higher! While I was rehanging samplers, I got a call from the shoestore that the sandals, that I had ordered back when I bought the shoes to wear to the wedding, had come in. So I left in plenty of time to get the shoes before I picked up Woody. In the end it took a little longer than planned as the ones I had ordered didn't fit quite right. So then I had several of the staff pulling varioius and sundry pairs of sandals down from their shoe wall. In the end it was their oldest employee (96) who found the ones that fit best and that I liked. I still had plenty of time to get to the dialysis center...well before Woody ended coming out. I went in to the waiting room to keep cool while I waited. I was looking through a fiction catalog for the church library when all sorts of activity started to happen. One of Woody's PD nurses came hurrying into the hemodialysis and used the code to let him in the hemodialysis room. Not far behind him came Woody's other PD nurse...hurrying and also letting himself into the hemodialysis room. Next a police car or two arrived with lights flashing and they piled into the waiting room and eventually into the dialysis room. At this point it was obvious that someone was in trouble...and I assumed that it was a dialysis patient...of course I had no clue as to who it was...could have been Woody as far as I knew. One dialysis patient did come out and she asked one of the policemen a question and the policeman said that "she" was breathing again...so at that point I knew that it wasn't Woody. By then a rescue squad truck from the fire department had arrived and not long after that an ambulance arrived. So...drama in the dialysis center this afternoon and Woody and I were in the midst of it. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but Woody said that it was obvious that it was touch and go for a while. In the end she was not taken by ambulance. Woody heard them say that she needed more dialysis so were hooking her back up. Woody was finally wheeled out to me and by the time I had him in the car and the wheelchair back in the center and I was ready to drive away, both the rescue truck and the ambulance were leaving. A rather action packed end of the afternoon! I got Woody home and into the wheelchair and rolled back to the front steps. He sat for a while to gain enough strength to be able to walk up the steps using his walker. I went inside to get a drink of water and Kathy called. She asked if Woody needed help...he had just said "no" to me, but since Kathy called, he decided that he could use Nathan and a strong child. So in the end, Nathan, Esther and I got the wheel chair up the steps. Woody has decided that perhaps it is time to get a ramp installed that would go up to the back door. Nathan talked to some men at the church the other day who were willing to help us out by building one. Woody needed a bit of time to think it through and this morning decided that perhaps it is time to do it. Nathan will let the gentlemen know that we are ready for a ramp when they are ready to build one. Woody did come upstairs this morming and ran off his own crossword puzzles and check out things on the computer. That was the firt time he had traversed the stairs since before his surgery. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment