Friday, July 23, 2021

Checked Off the To-Do List

Today we have managed to check of several things that had to be done...Woody did his registration/preop at the Winchester hospital. It didnt amount to much...just paperwork...now done on a computer. We were close to finished before it was time for his appointment. Before we left town, we stopped to get gas as the white car was beginning to run on fumes (not quite...but it was time to get gas). The novelty of today's getting gas was that I pumped it...one of those tasks that I avoid at just about all costs! I do not like to do it...but guess I need to add that to a task thwt I can do since it is really difficult for Woody to do it these days. Once we got back home, I began to contact folk at Panasonic to find out if I could mail my camera back to them sans battery. The first person that I had contact with today said that I needed to ship with either UPS or Fed Ex...that didnt seem like a good idea to me...so much easier to go to the Post Office. I did find out how to ship Fed Ex here in Tullahoma...perhaps of use to me sometime in the future! This contact person did give me the email and phone number of the servicr center. I ended up calling them and talked to a very nice lady. She told me that they don't want the battery or any accessories sent with the camera. Not what Panasonic told me...but, oh, well! So glad that I could open up the package and remove the battery and the other accessories (instructions say to include everything that was in the original box with the camera). I retaped it and made a new label and headed back to the Post Office. This time I was successful in getting it accepted, insured and on its way. I checked the tracking # just a few minutes ago and it has already gotten to Chattanooga...so it is on its way to Florida...supposed to arrive Monday. I have had to send a camera to them for service one time before and it doesn't seem like it took all that long to get it back to me. We will see! I am hoping for a totally different experience when I get it or a replacement back! Fingers crossed! It's good to have that off my to-do list. I had been dreading doing it...just for the very reason that I expected it to be a pain to accomplish...and it was definitely a headache...but it is done and now the waiting game is on. I spent the afternoon working on Sunday's Sunday School lesson. I haven't taught in a while. I have got a rough outline of what I want to share...a little more work tomorrow should finalize it. But for the rest of this evening I am going to read or stitch. Woody is reading and perhaps has the TV on, though I can't hear it so am not sure. But we are both settling in for a quiet Friday evening. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment