Saturday, July 31, 2021

Good Cooks!

Woody went to dialysis this morning...late morning. On the way home from taking him, I stopped at a grocery store to pick up some ice cream for Woody's protein shakes...I had planned to grocery shop today after I dropped him off, but friends had let me know the other day that they were bringing some food for us today. Thus I put off my grocery shopping until another day! And, bring food they did...wow! We have choices of what we will have. Woody ate the better this evening than he has for a while. Many thanks to my "barn crew," Carolyn and Marie! Good cooks! Woody went off with a list of our appointments for next week, when he went to dialysis today. They said that they would take care of changing the day next Tuesday when they make out their next schedule. They plan to move him from Thursday to Friday, the only day next week that he had free of appointments. So that takes care of one conflicting appointment next Thursday on the day he he now has surgery scheduled. And, we still don't know what time on Thursday he is to report for surgery. Hopefully we will hear that information from the hospital next week. They are supposed to call to get info from Woody since he doesn't have to go to the hospital to have labwork done. He is having his labs done when he goes to Oncology on Wednesday. The Oncology office is right next to the surgeon's office so it will be easy to get the info from one to the other. The surgeon's scheduler said that they get lab work from them often so that kept another appointment off the calendar next week! I feel better since we have gotten one of the appointments next week shifted...and dialysis is one of the harder ones to shift as they don't have a lot of extra slots/chairs to shift appointments around. Hopefully this planned surgery will free up one of their chairs once Woody can start back on peritoneal dialysis at home. If this surgery is successful, I don't know how long till he can start back on PD. I'm sure that we will be told. I'm guessing that he will go back to the home dialysis side of Fresenius Kidney Center and they will test it like they did after his tear repair surgery. Then they will tell us when to start back. I will need to refresh my memory of all the steps to take to set up and connect and disconnect him! I really don't think that I have forgotten...after doing it every day for 8 months. Woody is coming up on his 1 year anniversary of starting on peritoneal dialysis in August. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment