Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Why Can’t Things Be Simple?

Got up today thinking that that the morning was free till around 11 when I would take Woody to the dialysis center. He thought about going by himself but since he wa going to go to the peritoneal dyalysis side of the building after his hemodialysis, I needed to be there for the flushing of the PD line so I could learn how to do it. While I was making his pancakes, we got a phone call asking if he would come in at 8:45 instead of 11:30 so that changed my plans of the day. I had planned to go to the grocery store after I dropped Woody off, but since I didn't have my list ready when it was time for him to go, I ended just coming on home...planning to work on the list and then go later in the afternoon or tomorrow...or sometime in the near future! In the end I was glad that I did come home as two of the gentlemen who are going to build our ramp came by to make some final measurements and ended up changing the original plan a bit and needed my apprval. I did get the list going...always a work in progress...but at least it has some items on it now. I used the time to clean out the refrigerator and start preparation for a recipe that I won't be able to finish till I go to the store as I need more celery. I headed back a little before 1pm to get Woody and move to the other end of the dialysis center. And, at this point of the day things didn't go so great. Today the fluid went in but very slowly and he couldn't get much of any that went in to come out. So...that problem will have to be discussed with the surgeon tomorrow. It will probably mean a surgical procedure to relocate the datheter for the peritoneal dialysis...like the title of tonight's blog says...why can't things be simple? I guess we will see tomorrow what the surgeon wants to do about the latest problem. The PD nurses are dealing with something that they have never dealt with before...a leak in the peratoneum. Woody looked it up on the internet and found out that only 2% of PD patients develop leaks. "Lucky" him to fall into that small percentage! Oh, well, I guess we just keep on keeping on. I'll let you know what the surgeon plans to do about this latest hiccup tomorrow night! We have had more rain today...the flowers continue to be happy. I guess my herb garden will have to be shifted around a bit to accomodate the ramp. Well, I have a few dishes that need to be tucked into the dishwasher before I run the dishwasher tonight. Guess I should go do that and then retire to my recliner. I'm ready to either read or stitch. I just ran off Woody's daily crosword puzzles so he is happily working those and watching the All-Star Baseball game. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! This is one of our rascally squirrels...seems to be simple for him to get seed from the feeders...even those that are supposed to be squirrel-proof...tnis one isn't squirrel-proof and he looks like he is sucking the seeds out of the little holes and then leisurely holding on with his back feet while he enjoys his seed feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment