Wednesday, November 24, 2021

A Baking Day

Today I did some Fall baking...I made Mother's recipe for Cranberry Orange Bread and also made a batch of pumpkin muffins. I shared this baking with a couple of neighbors. I am now in the midst of making pie crust for our Pie Day on Friday. I am putting the ingredients for the crusts together and then patting them into round discs, wrapping them in plastic wrap and putting them in the fridge to await rolling out tomorrow. I have two in the refrigerator. After I blog and get Woody's dialysis treatment set up then I will make two more...and maybe another depending on the time and how my back is doing...at the moment it is protesting a bit! Woody has not had the best of days and didn't have the best night last night either. I think he hada reaction to his latest injection into his melanoma tumor. And, I am blaming it on Woody's stubborness...he decided that he wouldn't take the Tylenol after the injection. My thoughts...he will take it next time...but he said ne might not...and then did admit to being stubborn. (rolling my eyes!) He has sat with a throw over his head most of the day. He must have gotten some good sleep at some point, as when he heard me in the kitchen working on the pie crusts, he wished me a Happy Thanksgiving...and it took a bit for him to understand that it was still Wednesday. At least he had slept soundly for a period of time! He has kept me busy washing as he was nauseated this time too and I washed a load of towels and clothing and got those washed and next thing I knew I had another load...which I need to get out of the drier so he will have his throws for tonight. Always something...or so it seems! He is feeling better this evening. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (A member of my ladies Sunday School Class recently moved into a rehab/nursing facility. We learned yesterday that she has Covid and was pretty sick.)

No comments:

Post a Comment