Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Special Delivery

Note what I found in my doorway when we got home from Vanderbilt...the deliverer had to be someone who reads the blog! So I had a mystery to solve. I happened to be texting with Kathy so I chose to start my sloothing with her...and bingo...Ifound the source of my missing ingredient! She found it at WalMart. Thanks, Kathy! Now my ingredients for pies are complete...(unless...I find out that I neglected to put something on the original list...please, no!) I'm thinking through my recipes to decide what I might be able to do tomorrow to help on my "main pie making day," which is Thanksgiving Day. I have some other baking I would like to do tomorrow, too. I will see if the energy to do such will be forth coming. These trips to Vanderbilt wear me out. Everything went fine today...traffic was a bit heavier than usual...though not really bad. The trucks were really out today. Woody said all the truckers must be trying to get their loads delivered so they can go home to have Thanksgiving with their families. The lab waiting room at Vandy was just covered up with people...took more than an hour for Woody to be called in for lab work. Then he was called in very quickly once we got over to the waiting room to see Debbie Wallace. She is to the point that she wants to have Dr. Wyman check on how he thinks the tumor is doing. She is concerned because she had so much trouble getting the medicine to stay in the tumor the last time...but this time the medicine went in much better...also she injected it higher in the tumor and Woody didn't feel the injections. The last time she injected at the base of the tumor and it was quite painful. Debbie plans to rearrange Woody's next appointment so Woody can see Dr. Wyman. She talked to Dr. Wyman today and he mentioned that it might be helpful to do a little radiation on the tumor. So we will see what happens on down the road. We had the 1-1/2 hour wait for the medicine to thaw...so another wait in the waiting room. Woody read and I prepared my Sunday School lesson that I am to teach on Sunday. Really that last wait went by fairly quickly. And, the injection doesn't take a lot of time. We left a little after 8:30 this morning and were home by 3:45 this afternoon...with a stop at Arby's for a late lunch...Woody looks forward to a roast beef sandwich at the end of these Vandy appointments. This morning we did do the manual drain before we left for Nashville...made it a much more comfortable day for Woody not having all that solution inside him the whole time we are away. I finished a couple more ornaments on Sunday and yesterday. I am putting the fully finished ones on the bed in the "office." That group is growing. I am still stitching away, too. I hope that I feel like doing a little stitching when I go upstairs after I get Woody connected for his nightly dialysis. I am pretty tired...so I may fall asleep with needle in hand...but maybe I will get a few stitches in...every stitch brings me closer to a finish. Be safe! Be well! Be cautios!

No comments:

Post a Comment