Thursday, November 18, 2021

'Twas The Week Before Thanksgiving

I just realized that it is only a week till Thanksgiving...which, I think, means that it is only five weeks till Christmas...give or take a day or two. Time is flying! Woody's appointment went well at Fresenius Kidney Care. His labs looked good so nutritionist was happy. We didn't seem too down in the mouth so social worker was happy. Doctor and nurse were happy, too. We were wished a happy Thanksgiving and sent on our way! It was drizzling this morning...the precursor of a cold front...and temperatures did drop quickly...it's already 39°. It's supposed to drop below freezing tonight by a degree or two. I have done a bit of cooking today. Woody said that meatloaf sounded good so I made a meatloaf which he had two small slices for lunch. I have been needing to cut up a pork roast that I bought a coupoe of days ago...I sliced part of the roast into chops and left part as a small roast and one end of it I cut into bite-sized pieces to make Shanghai Pork Stew...which is simmering as I type...my supper...a bit late tonight. An unexpected nap put me off schedule...but I do feel a little more rested. Maybe I will even be able to work some more on Christmas ornaments and gifts once I have Woody's dialysis treatment going for the night. I did get two more ornaments finished yesterday and started stitching another one...moving right along! Well, it is time for the next step in the soup and then I need to get Woody's treatment set up...so...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (Reality that Covid is still with us...a sibling of a long time friend passed away yesterday at our local hospital due to Covid...and this is the 2nd member in his extended family to die of Covid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment