Monday, November 22, 2021

Gathering Together

Thanksgiving is a time of family gatherings. But before we gather with family, I have started gathering together recipes and igredients that I will need for our part of Thanksgiving this year..."Pie Day!" These are the nonperishable items along with cookbooks. I decided to just gather them together in this place on the counter rather than put them away and have to search them out again in a couple of days. I did my online Kroger shopping last night and then picked up the order this morning. Everyone in town must be making pecan pies as dark Karo syrup has vanished from shelves. I like to use a combination of light and dark...this year we will only have the dark Karo in the amount that I have on hand...I also went to another store down the street ad they didn't have any either...and I am through looking...what I have will work fine! I will use "fresh" pumpkin that we cooked and froze...I have some thawing now. I needed to do my shopping today since we will spend a good part of the morning and afternoon tomorrow on the road or at Vanderbilt. And, Wednesday is just too close to the big day...the stores were covered up today...I can just imagine Wednesday. I am set...and this year all I will be cooking is pies...lots of pie crusts and fillings to feed our crew pie on Friday! Woody is getting ready to go to Monday night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. He is taking the white car tonight so he can pull it into the garage when he gets home. We are supposed to have a hard freeze overnight and we need to leave fairly early in the morning...this way I won't have to scrape windshield! We're going to start his treatment early tonight so he will be finished in time to ge able to drain him before we leave. We were given perission for him to not have to leave all that extra fluid in his abdoman when he is away all day at Vaderbilt. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment