Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Day After Vanderbilt

Tonight's photo was taken yesterday after we got back on I-24 heading home. It is at a high spot on the interstate that gives quite a view...one of the first places that gives a good view of one of our geological features: The Highland Rim. I enjoy getting views of The Higland Rim in my photos in or area...good touch point as to where I am and what direction I am taking my photo from. Tullahoma is situated in the foothills of The Highland Rim...a very distinctive feature in our area. Here's two more photos that I got yesterday that include our Highland Rim:
We were both ready for a low-key day after yesterday's travels and appointments. We got going slower than usual...nice not to have to rush. I got him disconected from his dialysis and then got him breakfast...lately he has been having 2 scrambled eggs and one sausage patty. But today he had to have one scrambled egg and 2 sausage patties as we were down to one egg. When I shopped last, he hadn't started on his egg-eating kick...so I didn't know to buy extra eggs! I had gone upstairs and was trying to get up enough nerve to go down and dress his melanoma tumor...wasn't looking forward to it! The phone rang and it was Debbie, Woody's nurse in charge of his T-VEC treatment at Vanderbilt. She was calling to check on how the tumor had done overnight after they had "worked" on it yesterday. She was also checking on Woody as she knew he didn't feel the greatest yesterday due to ALL the dwell fluid that he had in his abdoman. Her call helped me to get up the courage to go down and change the dressings. It had fared very well overnight with only minimal bleeding...it hadn't bled through the bandaging and also bandaging didn't stick to it. She told me that if we had any problems to message her through the Vanderbilt portal and she would get back with us...appreciate her care so much. I let her know that all was well after I changed the bandage and sent her photos to show her how well it seemed to be doing. Now...it does not look good...but good in comparison to what it has/could look like! After I did the manual drain of his extra fill, I headed off to replenish our larders and get what Woody passed on yesterday...his treat after treatment...an Arby's classic roast beef. I needed eggs, as I mentioned above, and was about out of vanilla ice cream for Woody's shakes so I decided to do an in person short list shopping spree...this way I could pick out my own produce and meat. I got that shopping done...also got to visit with a couple of friends while shopping. I made that stop at Arby's and headed home. Woody enjoyed his sandwich and I put groceries away. After that excursion I was very ready for my recliner and it didn't take very long for my eyes to close for a good nap. So a bit of a low-key day, but one where I did actually do something other than stay home or go to appointments! Woody is feeling much better today and once again didn't have a reaction to his injection. This time he only took one dose of Tylenol. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment