Monday, November 15, 2021

Covid Booster Day

When I checked with out pharmacy last week, they said that they give Covid shots/boosters on Mondays and Thursdays. Woody decided that Monday would be good so a little after lunch we headed down the street a couple of blocks and parked in front of the pharmacy front door. I went inside and got the paperwork he needed to fill out and gave them his proof of vacination card. It was only a couple of minutes after Woody filled out the paper and I took them in that one of our pharmacists came out to give him the booster. So far so good. He is sure that he will have no side effects except for a sore arm...I hope he is right! He chose not to take any Tylenol after his booster shot. Fresenius Kidney Care strongly recommended that he get his booster prior to holiday gatherings...guess he has complied! I continue to work on Christmas ornaments/presents. I did actually complete one ornament fully today...the only one ready to gift! Woody has gone to Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. I am typing tonight's blog at the dining room table facing the window so I can see him pull up when he gets home. I have his treatment all set up so the solution is warming and will be ready whenever he wants to get started with his treatment tonight. I guess I will read till he gets home...then I will go "fetch" him from the car with the wheel chair. He uses his walker to get in and out of the building for prayer meeting...about the farthest he walks using the walker these days. Around the house, he only uses the walker to get from the recliner to the couch or vice versa or into the bathroom. He doesn't do a lot of walking these days...trying to protect his leg that has all the hardware in it...that leg is not in good shape...we know that some of the hardware/the repair is broken so he needs to be careful. The fix for that problem is a total tibia replacement which he definitely doesn't need to go through...that "fix" means six months in a cast...we don't want to even think about that "fix!" Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment