Wednesday, August 10, 2022

A Fairy Garden?

Tonight's photos show the results of quite a bit of rain over the last days...the mushrooms/toadstools abound! To me it looks like some little fairies may have taken up residence in our garden...moved in and put up their shelters!! Interesting shapes and sizes! We got an abundance of rain today...very welcome...another day that I don't need to water! The last day of training went fairly well. I did get an alarm during the set up, but I didn't take the time to figure it out, I just called the tech folk who are on call 24/7. He walked me through the problem quickly and effectively...no more alarms after that. And, we were almost up and running when our nurse got here. I guess I wanted to give our nurse a bang-up send off as just when I just about had Woody disconnected...well, he was disconnected...I just had to do the last step...intecting heparin in thr line to keep it clear for the next dialysis. I had turned and was stepping toward the little table that has the supplies that I need for a treatment, I guess, I got my foot caught in Woody's throw and I went flying across thr room...non too gracefully, I might add! I didn't get hurt...perhaps a bruise or two, but was able to get right back up. I scared the nurse half to death...as I guess my head came pretty close to the corner of the TV stand. I completed my last task with the nurse's help as I had dumped all my supplies...not many at that point, but had to get anothrr syringe to draw up the heparin. She took pity on me and drew it up and helped me get the few other things that I needed to complete my task. At this point in thr day I hardly know that I fell...I may realize it more in the morning! But none the worse for wear at this point! We bade our nurse goodbye for our home training for the time being. She will be back to train me on how to stick Woody when his graft heals. We did learn today that Woody's hemoglobin levels have dropped enough to require a blood transfusion. We are hoping they will type his blood and whatever else they do prior to the transfusion while we are at the hospital tomorrow for his procedure. Then he will get the transfusion Friday. Thr preop call finally came after lunch. It was a looooong call! I guess he is good to go for tomorrow. It's not a super early appointment which is nice. Linda brought back some books that she had borrowed from our church library. I twisted her arm to join me for a grilled cheese sandwich. We also tried one of Nathan, Kathy, amd family's home frown watermelon. Very tasty and refreshing! Later this afternoon, my "barn crew" stopped by with supper...really a smorgasbord! We both enjoyed tasting a variety of dishes and will be enjoying their cooking efforts for some time! Thanks, Marie and Carolyn! Once again, we are pretty tired. It will be nice to have the day off from dialysis...just wish that we weren't having to fit a day at the hospital in on that day off! I think that we are both done in for the day. Woody is already dozing on the couch and I'm ready to head upstairs. It has been a long day...or so it seems! I'm afraid that tomorrow will seem even longer. I guess I need to pack my bag to take to the hospital...things to occupy me during the waiting. I have plenty of reading to keep me occupied...but have a feeling I will have trouble not dozing as I wait! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment