Friday, August 5, 2022

Finally!

I was finally able to have Woody's dialysis treatment up and running before our nurse got here this morning. His treatment ran very smoothly today. He was finished before noon. Which was a good thing since he had an appointment at 1:45 for his every-three-week Keytruda infusion. I made banana bread while he was at TN Oncology. It wasn't quite finished baking when it was time to go get Woody...so...I decided to just turn the oven off and leave the bread in till we got back. And, it was baked perfectly when we got back. The best part about that baking session...Woody wanted some of the bread! His appetite is definitely picking up and he is back to liking more things. And, at the moment he has no restrictions. There are less eating restrictions eith home hemodialysis than with in-center hemodialysis because he has it more often. Another "finally" for me was that our five treatments for this week are finally over and we have the weekend off! Our nurse plans to come Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then we are on our own! I will say that I am getting a little less anxious in the set up and taking off. We got a shipment today from the folk who do the labs...so we now have a centrifuge so we will be doing labs on Monday...oh, boy! Well, I have done the labs before so maybe there will be some recall! I just told Woody that I will not be turning on an alarm for in the morning! I imagine that I will wake up early anyway since I have gotten used to rising early. But at least I can go to sleep tonight with no thouhts of HAVING to get up! I continue to be pretty tired once our training session is over. One thing nice about being on our own will be not having to be on an exact schedule. Times for dialysis can vary for treatment as long as he gets it 5 times a week. For example if a bad thunderstorm is predicted, it is suggested that we wait till storm has passed even if it means skipping the treatment and waiting till the next day. We plan on taking Sunday and Wednesday off when get started on our own. But next week we will take Thursday off due to having his PD catheter taken out at the hospital. The three days the nurse comes next week we will start at 7am because she has another patient to train in the afternoon. Hopefully i can get up early enough to have him already going when she gets here. That may be stretching things and have Woody fed before dialysis starts! Hopefully we can be done early enough to get to his vascular surgeon's appointment by 1pm in Murfreesboro...a 45 (at least) minute drive to get there. We'll see how efficient I am on Tuesday! I watered this evening before dark. And, now I have a big mess in the kitchen due to my banana bread baking foray this afternoon. I was working so quickly trying to be finished with the bread before Woody was ready to be picked up, that I didn't keep up with my mess...I put a couple of dishes to soak and now I guess it's time to load the dishwasher and do a few dishes by hand. Woody has settled on his couch/bed with the TV going and his laptop and book nearby...things to occupy his time in case he wakes up in the night. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment