Saturday, August 13, 2022

Happy Late 22nd Anniversary, Kathy & Nathan!

Yesterday was the big day for Nathan and Kathy's 22nd anniversary. I had every intention of wishing them a happy day last night in the blog...but realized after I posted that I had neglected to put that in the blog. I snagged these photos from Kathy's Facebook today so they show the happy couple on their little getaway trip to the Great Smokies/Gatlinburg area. They were so wise in the year they chose to get married in...2000...The current year is always how many years they have been married...very helpful, for the husband especially, I would imagine! We made it through another day of home hemodialysis...I heave a sigh of relief every day as we aporoach the ending of the treatment without any significicant problems. We got the one warning again in set up and I had to call tech support...that's three days in a row now. And, we had it during training in the center and several times when the nurse was here in our home. I don't think that is something that I am ar am not doing. Tomorrow we have off. It will be nice to have a day off! I will have to make the dialysate batch (each batch lasts just two treqtments) and make up packets of supplies for the week...but no dialysis. Woody is feeling pretty good. He says he only hurts when he moves a certain way. He just took off his bandage from his surgery site...he was to keep it on 48 hours. It looks fine...he was surprised to see blood on the dressing (insert eye roll here!). There was hardly any! He has stitches that will be taken out when we see Dr. Thomasson in a couple of weeks. Woody will have another surgery before he sees Dr. Thomasson! This coming week his only appointment is at the Fresenius Clinic to see Dr. O...Woody's first appointment with Dr. O since he became a hemodialysis patient. The appointment is fairly early in the morning...we can either do dialysis after the appointment or have that our other day off this coming week. And, taking the day off that day may be good, as we are going to have to do dialysis on Sunday because we have to take Monday off for his surgery to get the graft put in. I continue to urge safety, wellness, and caution each day at the end of my blog. Today I have found out that one of my best friends has Covid...my stitching/sewing cohort, who now lives in Alabama. Feel better quickly, Connie. It's still out there so...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment